Friday, July 13, 2007

The Challenge

My last post has a layout called, "Don't Worry, Be Happy". It was based on Matthew 6:25-34. That scripture has challenged me for well over a year.

It made me start thinking... what would life be like if I really believed that scripture? What would it be like to NOT worry? Is it even possible? How much different and easier would life be? How much more energy would I have if so much of my time was not taken up by it?

So, I decided to start believing it. It IS possible or God wouldn't have told us not to worry. He COMMANDS us FOR OUR OWN GOOD.

It's still a choice to not worry, and it's still a challenge. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't, but it's getting easier. If I focus on the circumstances, I start to get afraid... and that reminds me to focus on God and who He says He is. If I focus on God and His reality, there is no room for worry. I'm learning to live this out. :-)

No comments: