Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Don't Worry, Be Happy




The layout above was created 11/06.

The journaling reads: BUILDING BLOCKS OF LIFE


Don’t worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

Your Father knows your needs. He pays attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head!

Relax! Don’t be so preoccupied with getting... so you can respond to God's giving. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday concerns will be met.

Don’t be afraid for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom.

Be happy!


My birthday was on July 10th. I decided I was going to look for good gifts that day and totally enjoy them, even though I had nothing special planned. (I had had my celebration with family on Saturday).

My car was on empty, the red light had been on for a bit. I was starting a new temp job that day and didn't know how things would go. I had no money for gas or for lunch. But, God spoke to me again that I needed to trust Him and not worry about it. Things weren't under my control... they were under His control.

I came into my new job. When I told someone it was my birthday, they asked me out to lunch at a Chinese restaurant... so I had enough for two meals! It was delicious. When I got home, I had a birthday card with some money, enough to put a few gallons of gas into my car. Because of that I was able to go to a small group meeting from my church that evening, and they had a beautiful meal and cake for me. They also gave me some money that allowed me to get groceries. Was God faithful to provide for my needs? Yes! Did I need to get all stressed and worried about it? No! Did I need to trust Him and be happy? Yes! Is that too simplistic? Nope.

When I focus on Him and not the circumstances, it's possible to not worry and be happy.

No comments: